What do I need to bring in to get my personal taxes done?

Here is a list of items you will need to bring in to file your taxes:

  • T-slips
  • Child Care Expenses (daycare, afterschool programs, and day camps)
  • Unions Dues/Membership Fees
  • Tuition/Education costs (T2202)
  • Student Loan Tax Slips
  • Moving Expenses (if related to employment)
  • Employment expenses (T2200 form)
  • Pension Income
  • Investment Income
  • Self Employment/Business income
  • Rental Income
  • RRSP Contributions
  • Donation Receipts
  • Medical Receipts
  • Political contribution receipts
  • Media Subscriptions
What can I claim if I was working from home?

If you were working from home but you’re not self-employed you can claim some of your expenses. To do that you will need to have your employer fill out a Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200).

I’m self employed, what do I need to file my taxes?

Here is a list of things you can claim on your taxes for your business expenses:

  • Income 
  • Advertising
  • Meals and Entertainment
  • Bad Debts
  • Insurance
  • Interest and Bank Charges
  • Business Taxes, Licences and Memberships
  • Office Expenses
  • Office Stationery and Supplies
  • Professional Fees (includes legal and accounting)
  • Management and Administration Fees
  • Rent
  • Repairs and Maintenance
  • Salaries, Wages and Benefits (including employer’s contributions)
  • Property Taxes
  • Travel Expenses
  • Utilities
  • Fuel Costs (except for motor vehicle)
  • Delivery, Freight and Express
  • Telephone and Internet
  • Purchases
  • Auto Insurance
  • Auto Fuel
  • Auto Repairs and Maintenance
  • Tolls and Parking
  • KM driven in the year and KM related to business
What medical expenses can I claim?

You can find a full list of eligible medical expenses here.


Do I need to make an appointment to get my taxes done?

You do not need to make an appointment to come and sit while we complete your taxes. We make it easy, using up the least amount of your time. You drop off you tax documents to us, with a two-week max turn around, and we will call you when they are ready. We offer review appointments in office or by phone.

What do I need as a first-time home buyer?

You can claim $5,000 for the purchase of a qualifying home in the year if both of the following apply:

  • You of your spouse or common-law partner acquired a qualifying home.
  • You did not live in another home owned by you or your spouse or common-law partner in the year of acquisition or in any of the four preceding years’.

For more information, or to see if your home qualifies visit here.

What do I need to provide if I sold my home?

If you sold a house or property you need to report the sale of your residence on your tax return. You would need to have:

  • The year of purchase
  • Proceeds of sale
What do I need if I sold a property that was not my main residence?

If you sold an investment or rental property, or cottage you will need:

  • Year of purchase
  • Purchase price
  • Sale Price
  • Capital Costs (Major repairs, ie new roof, windows, etc.)
  • Real Estate and Legal fees of selling property
  • Utilities
What is the price to get my income tax done?

Prices vary depending on the complexity and time it takes to complete your taxes. Call us for more information.

New Business

What are your prices?

Prices vary depending on the complexity and time taken to carry out the work however we do review time commitments per client on a regular basis to establish value pricing for Bookkeeping. Call us for more information.

What steps do I need to take to start my business?

For starting a new business, you can see some steps here.

What do I need to bring in for my appointment with you?

When you come in for your first appointment with us you should bring:

  • Copy of the last tax return that was filed
  • Incorporation Documents (if applicable)
  • Payroll Information
  • Bank Statements